Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Goofy Kid

I saw this picture of me and immediately remembered what an goofy kid I was.

 I was a master of goofy. I know what you're thinking, "we all make a fool out of ourselves once in awhile". Trust me when I tell you this...you never took it to my level. I was a really odd kid who didn't know up from down. I still have trouble with right and left. 



If you're a girl you have probably made the occasional mud pie. I have to admit I was better at making them then any of the kids on my street. I mean really, you can't leave it in the sun too long or make the "icing" too thin. However, when it was time to go home I was the girl who took them with me and served them up on plates to eat! I actually took a bite once but bit down on a small rock and lost it.

How about the time my Mom found me in the field behind our house eating clovers...yes eating clovers. Here's how that conversation when down:

Mom: What the heck are you doing?
Me: Nothing
Mom: Well you're doing something, I can see the grass in your mouth
Me: I'm just eating sissle seeds (Duh)
Mom: Get that out of your mouth right now!
Me: Why? They are good for me
Mom: Ya know dogs and cats pee and poo there
Me: hummmm
Mom: Good lord Jennifer
Me: hummmm
Mom: (walking away)
Me: hummmm

Later, I recruited my next door neighbor Chris to join the grass party with me. Take that Mom!

Jen 1
Mom 0
(but who's keeping score)



No comments: