Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Giraffe On A Bike

This is just a post about how I did my little Giraffe friend...

(click on the picture to enlarge)

I do most of my paper cutting in pieces kinda like you would dress a paper doll. As you can see I assembled the bicycle first, then I started to build my giraffe. I start by cutting the general pieces with scrap paper and moving them around and gluing (I end up cutting more and placing more pieces here and there). 

When I get the shape I like I put it on a single sheet of paper and cut around it. This gives me one solid piece to work with. Then I start cutting out my accent pieces and gluing them down to the original frame. That's about it, not much to it. 


Look what happened to me when I was working on this...I call it a blow out and it's messy and frustrating! It happens from time to time when the cap gets clogged so I have to keep a pin nearby to clear it out. I will show you better pictures of my Giraffe once I get my scanner back.


I went to the zoo with my boys not long ago and took these pictures of the Giraffes. I love them they are so strange and so darn tall...none were on a bike though.

4 comments:

Kim Hambric said...

Looking forward to seeing the completed piece. I love the thought of a giraffe on a bike!

Amy C said...

completely adorable, I love giraffes and bikes too, what a fabulous combination!

life without novacaine said...

I am in awe of your talent. Thanks for showing all the work that goes into your art... I love it all the more!

Jennifer DeDonato said...

Thanks so much...made my day!