Thursday, July 10, 2008

Knuckle Draggers Scooter Rally


Here are some items I did for the Knuckle Draggers Scooter Rally on August 1-3. I just love scooters so working on these pieces for the rally was fun. I hope they have a fun time! Here is the website if you want to check it out.

Here is a vespa I did on deep edge stretched canvas. I really like these papers because they are all handmade. When you look close you can see the "handmadeness" of the papers because they have tons of bits and tiny fibers in the paper. Also, what's a scooter rally without some matchbook art? I really enjoy using my vintage matchbooks because they are so fun and different. None of them will ever be the same because I use a different matchbook for each one. On these I used an old Alka-Seltzer ad (blue one) and an old Macke Stauffer ad (green one). I think the
M. Stauffer was a tabacco company but I am not sure. That particular matchbook was so old it was falling apart. I was happy I was able to work with it because I really liked the color.



No comments: