Monday, October 29, 2012

Cockrell Butterfly Center

One of my all time favorite places on earth is the Cockrell Butterfly Center here in Houston. I love, love it! It has an almost magical feeling when you just set and let hundreds of butterflies flutter around you. It's a great place to find inspiration and recollect on how amazing God's creations are. If you are ever in the Houston area it is a must see. 









I got a picture of this beauty right before it flew away






I also dragged my family to see Flight Of The Butterflies 3D IMAX film by director Mike Slee. Being the butterfly lover that I am it was perfect! I don't like 3D movies because they tend to give me a sick feeling. However, I didn't feel that way at all once my eyes adjusted.

"The iconic monarch butterfly is a true marvel of nature. Weighing less than a penny, it makes one of the longest migrations on Earth across a continent, with pinpoint navigational accuracy, to a secluded place it has never been. Follow the monarchs' perilous and extraordinary journey and join hundreds of millions of real butterflies in the remote mountain peaks of Mexico."





If you have a chance go see it!



I have two Monarch butterfly gardens in my yard...one in front and another on the side of my house. I have had them now for about six years. I enjoy seeing the caterpillars eat up all the milkweed and create their chrysalis. Here is a Monarch Caterpillar from my garden below. 








No comments: