Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sophie Blackall - Missed Connections



Have you ever seen Sophie Blackall's illustrations?



 I think they are unique and charming but have you seen her Missed Connections blog? It's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious! Basically, she has two blogs. One is her Sophie Blackall blog where she talks about her books, home, and such and the other is her Missed Connections blog. It brings me great joy when she posts a new illustration on it. Here is why...she pulls from classified ads on Craigslist, Village Voice and Web sites exclusively dedicated to the digital message-in-a-bottle style listings and illustrates them. 

Here are a few of her blog entries to get you started...

Saturday, October 17, 2009
- m4w
We shared a bear suit at an apartment party on Saturday night.
I asked for your number and you gave it to me, but somehow I don't have an area code written down. I had a great time talking with you, and I don't trust Chance enough to wait until I see you in the elevators...

 
Thursday, December 31, 2009
- m4w - 32
You had on a furry hat with ear flaps and you crashed into me at Wollman Rink today. You are a terrible but adorable skater.

 
Saturday, September 5, 2009
- m4m - 29 (astoria)
we were both swimming around 5-6 in astoria pool. we ended up walking the same direction in the park for a while but didn't talk. i wish i had said hi...so i figured i would on here.
worth a shot.


2 comments:

Alisa said...

These are lovely. I love her style! Thanks for sharing!

Alisa said...

Just checked out her website and blog, LOVE them!