Monday, April 27, 2009

This Weekend...First Saturday Arts Market


I have been busy, busy working to get artwork done for the May First Saturday Arts Market this Saturday. It rained all day so it was a great day to be inside my studio working. Unfortunately, I'm sick so and I had to take two very large breaks to rest (so I didn't get as much done as I'd hoped).


So here is my little fairytale artwork piece. I got some frames from a local thrift store and basically stripped them down to only the wood. I never realized how many little nails and sharp bits are in a picture frame.


So I primed and painted the frames and put these super cute little knobs on them. I was going to make the frames where they open but changed my mind.




These are the knobs for the other two pieces. Wish me luck!



1 comment:

lori vliegen said...

your new artwork is looking so cute!! those knobs are fabulous...the perfect touch for your sweet little art pieces! i'm sorry that you've been sick...i hope you're feeling better soon!! :)