Thursday, March 12, 2009

Before and After Drawer


I bought this letterpress drawer about two years ago while visiting a friend in Rhode Island. So once I got all the dirt and a few bug bodies out of the cracks I was good to start my project.

I went to my scrap paper stash and started cutting away. I know cutting all the squares for this was a bit crazy but crazy good right? The colors look better in person (my photo stinks!)


Now my letters have a place to call home and I can collect more...now that rocks!


10 comments:

Jennifer said...

T-O-T-A-L-L-Y cool!

lori vliegen said...

another SUPER idea! i have one of these type drawers...bug bodies and all....gonna have to try this!
and, i LOVE your nest piece from yesterday!! :)

Jennifer DeDonato said...

Lori,
be sure to let me see it!!

Jen

Paula Nelson said...

*drooling!*

Pattie said...

That is too cool what a great find!
And, nice revamp!

Artfulife said...

that is so nice

Amy C said...

really really cool, I saw one of these last year at a yard sale and I wished I had got it.

noodle and lou said...

love it to pieces!!!!
that was SO much work cutting those
squares to the right sizes...you are amazing!!!

xox

Rebecca D. Dillon said...

Excellent job. That looks fabulous!

Martha Lever said...

LOVE IT!!!! WOW-ee!! I want one!