Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Where Have I Been?



This past week I've been smack dab in the middle of a Hurricane. I was doing fine gearing up for Ike but the day it hit I was a bit on the unsettled side. Why? Because I started watching the news and they were freakin me out. Plus my children wouldn't stop talking about the storm heading our way. We didn't evacuate and decided to stick it out. The night Ike came ashore we lost power at 3:00am which led to my children coming downstairs and getting in bed with me. My husband stayed on the sofa and listened to our fence coming down and trees breaking. I was so tired I slept through the worst part. We were only without power for three days which is nothing because some people are still without power in my area. I am so thankful we only lost a few large tree limbs and our backyard fence. We were blessed because some people lost everything. I live on a wonderful street with awesome people that were so helpful and generous.

This is my neighbors tree down in there front yard. We were so thankful it fell away from the house and did not hit the neighbors cars in the driveway.






4 comments:

Adriana Whitney said...

I am so happy that you, your family and home are OK! I evacuate and it was good because we have no power yet.
I had also my fence down, but the house it's without damage.
Hugs
Adri

sUz said...

hi jeN!

Glad you're alright! I was wondering how you fared through the storm.

Thanks for the update!

iN jOy,
sUz

Jennifer DeDonato said...

Adri,
So sorry you are still without power. I have people staying with me that still don't have power. It's getting hot again also. Best to you.

Jen

Jennifer said...

Whoa! Are things back to "normal/average" for you? My parents just got their power back on Friday - a full 2 weeks without!