Saturday, July 12, 2008

It Is All Done!

Yes, this is a quilt! I know it's hard to believe. I enjoy going to the International Quilt Festival every year and looking at the amazing quilts. My favorite part is the vendors market because you can buy anything and everything. I am always amazed at the craftsmanship, time and patience that goes into the quilts. They really are a work of art. The quilt above is called "Hope For Our World" by HOLLIS CHATELAIN. It won the 2007 Best Of Show Award 10,000 prize. Yes, I know it really is a quilt.


and on to my little joy...


Miracle of miracles I finished a project I bought from the International Quilt Festival last October. I have been going to the festival for years now and each year I buy less and less. Why? Because I end up getting projects and they set in my craft closet waiting to be done. So I decided a few years back to get a grip and not buy projects I don't have time to do. This past year I only bought two projects and actually finished one of them! Ta-da, my Fall felt table runner. I love Fall. To me it's the beginning of the best three months of the year.






*Update
Several people asked me about this runner pattern so here is the information. It's by Wild Thymes Pattern Co. www.wildthymespatternco.com

No comments: